Saturday, June 7, 2008

Eagle Mountain Pony Express Days 5k

Jonny and Julia (25:20), Melody (24:42)

This was the first race of the season for us. We were very surprised to wake up to a rainy, cold morning. (I think this is the first race I have ever run in the rain! Strange, I have run so many summer races. They have always been on perfect days, I guess that is the standard I have come to expect!) The course was uphill, against the wind the last half. Bummer. (Especially for Jonny and Julia in her stroller sail.) "It was quite enjoyable," Jonny reports, despite the adverse weather conditions. We realized just how small/new a city we live in when there were less than 100 people at the race. Fun, in a way. I must say though, that we were a little disappointed when there was only Gatorade for after-race refreshment. No water, no fruit, no bread slices. But we did get fancy participant medals. I guess that's the trade-off!?

3 comments:

Jonny said...

Yes I always wear the same shirt and shorts.

melody said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I guess pictures don't lie, my Love.

Emily said...

Well this is a fun blog. It's a great way to record your races. Great job catching up. That is always a challenge. You should post interesting things you might see on your daily runs. I'll bloglines it right now.