Friday, June 6, 2008

Catching Up

Let's see if I can remember the races we've done so far. I'll enter them in archaeological order. Here goes...

November 2007: Durango 5-mile Turkey Trot
-Jonny (42 something), Melody (45:03)
-Grandma Myra tended Julia while we ran this mostly up-hill coarse. The course had changed since we last did it - more difficult, also more interesting. I felt like I was shuffling, but it was still a fun race and a beautiful day.
September 2007: Mike's Mad Dash 5k, AF Hospital
-Jonny and Julia, Melody, Mom, Amber, Matt (his first race!), Cortnie
-Jonny offered to push Julia so I enjoyed running free
-I ran with Cortnie until the last 1/2 mile or so when she sped ahead. Can't remember my time but I remember being very happy with it (must have been under 25)
August 2007: Apline Days 5k
-Jonny (23:08), Melody and Julia (28:15), Mom, Amber
-Pushed Julia, flat tire half way through!
-Goal was to beat 30, very happy with outcome!
-Came home with two trophies - Jonny second place, me third place
-Mom placed third, Amber fourth in respective divisions
June 2007: Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days 5k
-Jonny (22:25), Melody and Julia, Grandma, Dad, Mom, Amber
-Dad walked with me while I pushed 3-week-old Julia
-3 miles seem a lot longer when you are walking!



August 2006: Alpine Days 5k
-Jonny, Melody (24:30), Mom, Amber
-Jonny was at finish line about a minute before me, ran back and we finished together!
-Third place trophy for meJune 2006: Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days 5k
-Jonny (21:30), Melody (23:01), Mom, Amber
-We all thought the shirts were terribly ugly!

November 2005: Durango 5-mile Turkey Trot
-Jonny (about 42), Melody (43:57), Rudi
-A great way to build up an appetite, fun course

I feel like I am missing some, which is very possible. Maybe that's because before this, we each ran dozens of races on our own. Although our times are a little slower these days then back then, we'd much rather run together!

No comments: