Saturday, August 13, 2016

Alpine Days 5k

Grandma, Dad, Mom, Cami, Jonny with Daniel and Michael (22:47), Melody (22:47), Julia (39:17), and kids race for Gabe, Evy, Penny, and Link



What a race! And a few firsts to go with it. It was Julia's first 5k (she was amazing! It was NOT an easy course, and she kept at it) and the first time Jonny and I have crossed the finish line together. (He pushed the boys and I did my best to keep up. I did have a change to get ahead on the crazy steep cemetery hill. Otherwise those three boys might have left me in the dust!) And also extremely worth noting, there were four generations of runners in this 5k - from Grandma Julie to Mom to me to Julia! That's kind of amazing. And so fun! I placed first in my age group and got to stand up on the winners block with a high school friend (Larissa Chase) I haven't seen in years. We love Alpine!











No comments: