Saturday, August 18, 2012

Eagle Mountain Utah North Stake 5k and 1k

Jonny (19:11?), Melody and Evy (24:30), Julia and Gabe (1k)

There wasn't a huge turnout at this race, but our ward members represented all the way. Jonny was second male overall and I was second female overall. (I was beat by little Makayla Pitcher by only a few seconds. I am amazed at how fast these kids can run! She and I were back and forth the entire race. It was fun to chat every now and then. She was awesome.) So, yes, Eagle's Gate ward is the defending champ. Sweet.

Evy was attentive and happy the whole race. Even though there was quite a bit of uphill, I didn't feel that the  stroller was slowing me down excessively. Perhaps it added about a minute to my time, but it was worth it to see Evy's sweet smile as I ran.

Julia and Jonny ran the 1k together while Gabe, Evy, and I slowly made our way. Gabe was tired of running after only a minute or two. So we pretended we were various animals - a tiger chasing bird, a dragon chasing a rabbit, etc. It really got him running! Fun.

No comments: