Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eagle Mountain North Stake 5k and 1k

Jonny (19:36), Melody (21:29), Juila, Gabe


This race was part of our Stake Family Fun Day. We left the kids with a neighbor while we ran, then picked them up in time for the 1k. Julia ran/walked that with Jonny while Gabe and I ran/walked a shorter version!

The local HS cross country team joined us for this race, so a couple of those kids beat Jonny, as well as two super fast guys. I was first in women, followed closely by two CC girls. My time is comparable to my HS running times, so that makes sense that I might compete with those teenagers! Anyway, I ran pretty hard to keep my first place position. At one point I was about to pass a teenage boy. He said, "There's no way..." and sped up to keep ahead of me. I laughed out loud.

The race was scored like a CC meet, and our ward dominated! One of our top 5 runners was 9-year-old Mason. He came in only a minute after me. Amazing. It was fun to run with people from our neighborhood and run fast on the roads where I usually don't go my race pace. 

Julia and I had fun at the fair festivities later that day while Gabe napped and Daddy worked on the basement.

No comments: