Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pony Express Days 5k

Jonny (19:50), Mike Baird

This is our Eagle Mountain race. With a new downhill course, it was advertised as Utah's fastest 5k. Jonny ran his best time since high school, so the claim held true!

A buddy from work, Mike Baird, ran this one too. That made it fun for Jonny, especially since we three didn't run. But we made it in time to cheer him on at the finish line. I was surprised at how soon he came in!

Here they are, pictured with Spiderman. All the proceeds of this race went to a three-year-old boy's cancer fund. ("Spiderman Fights Cancer") I love when the money from a race goes to a good cause, giving the run more purpose.

I look forward to running this one next year. Maybe I'll turn out a PR too? We'll see...

1 comment:

Jonny said...

I have to emphasize that it was all downhill. almost felt like cheating but it was fun.